Tareq Hassan’s Biography
Tareq Hassan is a Senior Professional Experienced with more than nine years of experience in Humanitarian, Development, Environment ,and Climate Change projects.
He is currently serving as the Country Director of Qatar Charity office in Yemen. Between (November 2015- June 2022), He served as the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) Regional Facilitator for Major Groups and Stakeholders (MGS) for the West Asia Region. On 1st December 2020, Tareq has been appointed as the Relation and Communication Manager for the Climate Action Network Arab World (CANAW). Since 2012 , Tareq has worked as the Chairman of International Youth Council -Yemen (IYCY). Tareq is the founder of the Arab Youth Sustainable Development Network (AYSDN).
Between 2013 and 2016 Tareq was appointed as the National Coordinator of the Arab Youth Climate Movement (AYCM) in Yemen. He was also nominated as a Tunza Youth Advisor for the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) for West Asia for the year (2013-2014). He conducted many trainings on sustainable development and participated in dozens of international conferences, workshops, and high-level meetings such as the United Nations Conference on Climate Change (COP) and the United Nations Environment Assembly ( UNEA), and others. He was one of the reviewers of the Global Environment Outlook (GEO-6) launched by UNEP. He has also worked as an advisor for non-Government organizations in the Arab Region, especially for Sustainable development policy and development Projects
Tareq holds a Bachelor's degree of Chemical Engineering from the University of Malaya – Malaysia and a Master degree in management of Sustainable Development Goals (MSDG) from LUMSA University - Italy and. He gained a diploma in Economic Development from the American University in Cairo as well as a professional certificate in climate change from Oxford University.
- Speaker at Doha Institute for Graduate Studies on "The Role of Youth in Sustainable Development in Conflict Countries" (20 March 2019). Doha –Qatar.
- Trainer on delivering a workshop titled (Youth as Peacebuilders and Sustainable Development changemakers in their nations) in ROTA's 11th Annual Youth Conference Empower 2019. (14-16 March 2019). Doha – Qatar.
- Trained and Empower 25 Yemeni Youth and trained them about ''Forward step to understanding SDGs" (21 February 2019) organized by International Youth Council – Yemen. Sana'a – Yemen.
- Trained and Empower Yemeni Youth on (Sustainable Development Goals and mainly concentrate on Goal No 2, Goal No 5 and Goal No 6). (21 February 2019) organized by Resource for sustainable Development Foundation. Sana'a – Yemen.
- Trained 25 Yemeni Youth on "sustainable development Goals and mainly concentrate on Goal No 2 End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture as well as Goal No 6 Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all”. (January 28th, 2019) organized by Resource for sustainable Development Foundation. Sana'a – Yemen.
- Trained 20 Yemeni Youth on sustainable development Goals and mainly concentrate on (Goal No 2 End hunger and Goal No 6). (7th January 2019). Organized by Resource for sustainable Development Foundation. Sana'a – Yemen. Sana'a – Yemen.
- Trained 40 Yemeni Youth on "Youth Rehabilitation for Job Market" (4-5 December 2018). Organized by IYCY and Nahadah Makers organization. Aden- Yemen.
- Trained 55 young men and women on (The sustainable development goals (SDGs) in their history and how these goals were adopted). (19th September 2018). Organized by the International Youth Council – Yemen. Sana'a – Yemen.
- Trained and Empowered Yemeni Young people on "Rehabilitation for the job market". (2nd September 2018). Organized by the International Youth Council – Yemen. Sana'a – Yemen.